Friday, July 9, 2010

beagle rescue

Prepare to have those cockles warmed.

From Andrew Sullivan's Atlantic blog page, here's a video of an extraordinary rescue performed by a group of volunteers in New Jersey. These 120-odd beagles were experimental subjects at a lab that went bankrupt, so these people found and rescued the dogs.

They believe (and from the video, you will too) that these animals likely had never been outside before, much less touched paw to grass.

It's heartbreaking and heartwarming all at once.



This keeps running through my head, and I'm sure I'm not the first to have these sentiments. But maybe this is my original phrasing, at any rate.

It occurs to me that most of the animals I have met are better people than most of the people I have met.

Just food for thought.

ADDENDUM: the people in this video being obviously very, very good people for doing this. However, it was people who used the animals for experiments in the first place...

No comments: