Sunday, October 14, 2007

colbert hijacks the ny times op-ed page

this is one of the funniest columns i've read in a long time. maureen dowd, in a moment of weakness or frustration over stephen colbert's constant tongue-in-cheek tongue-lashing of the filthy libruls over at the new york times, offered to let him write her column, if he thought it was so easy.

a sample:

Surprised to see my byline here, aren’t you? I would be too, if I read The New York Times. But I don’t. So I’ll just have to take your word that this was published. Frankly, I prefer emoticons to the written word, and if you disagree :(

I’d like to thank Maureen Dowd for permitting/begging me to write her column today. As I type this, she’s watching from an overstuffed divan, petting her prize Abyssinian and sipping a Dirty Cosmotinijito.

Colbert/Cheney 08!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

wasabius said...

thanks very much! it's good to know people actually read all this gibberish from time to time. :)