Thursday, September 9, 2010

'i have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot'


That is the phrase emailed from the heart of West Virginia to David Thorne, proprietor of the delightfully trollish blog site 27bslash6.

I have occasionally kept up with his posts, and I stand in awe at his glib, utterly heartless rudeness disguised as cluelessness. But he uses his powers for good; he tangentially berates only those who come asking for it.

Like this dear fellow who thinks David is a foggot. Here's the first two emails of the exchange; do yourself a favor and go read the rest.

From: George Lewis
Date: Thursday 2 September 2010 6.51pm
To: David Thorne
Subject: No Subject

I have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot.
From: David Thorne
Date: Thursday 2 September 2010 8.07pm
To: George Lewis
Subject: Re: No Subject
Dear George,
Thank you for your email. While I have no idea what a foggot is, I will assume it is a term of endearment and appreciate you taking time out from calculating launch trajectories or removing temporal lobe tumors to contact me with such. I have attached a signed photo as per your request.
Regards, David.

No comments: