Wednesday, July 2, 2008

dream


cat? what cat? i haven't seen the cat.


Dream 07.02.08

Patches on again, and so dreams getting weird again. This one I’m sure stems partially from last night when I got the dogs back from Erica, after she had a little doggie vacation for them down in pueblo for a week. I picked them up in downtown Denver after a rehearsal, and so that’s kind of stressful in and of itself. Then the drive back involved about 30 minutes of sitting in traffic at one of the many, many wonderful places our state dept. of transportation has decided to tear up on I-25 this summer. So with panting, thirsty dogs in the back, and a frustrating drive, it kind of makes sense that I had this weird dream.

I am in a frat house of some kind, but it’s out on a green heath, away from anything. It’s a gray late afternoon day. Like early winter, with snow coming soon from a heavy sky. The house is packed with frat-type guys, who are busy extracting money from people for various bullshit things. Eric is there, and he has gotten in trouble with these guys over something, and I am trying to get him away from them. But they are playing like they’re all Tony Soprano, and saying even though he wants out of the deal he had originally arranged they were going to charge him a ‘cancellation fee’ of like $50 or something. He looked like shit, like he was strung out or something, and I finally paid them, I think, and told him to come on, but he kept delaying by the door waiting for those douchebags to do something or give him permission to leave.

Finally I get him out of there, and we walk up a hill toward another building, where I am going to get my dogs from someone. When we top the hill, it turns out that it is actually Folsom Field in Boulder. We are in the building attached to it and looking down into the stadium, and among the seats there we can see that the frat guys have a bunch of dogs on leashes, two of which are Sabi and Mena. They are kind of mocking everybody, holding the dogs and saying we are going to have to pay them to get them back.

I am pissed.

I go back into the building I think to find a way down to where they are. It them becomes one of those ‘you are almost lost, but you know where you need to get, but there is no way to get where you want to get, and time is running out dreams.’ It kind of faded out from there, as the dream-wiper was hard at work.

No comments: