Friday, February 27, 2009

zen and the art of being wrong



So on my daily Zen calendar today (yes, yes, I realize it's trite to think you can gain spiritual or philosophical guidance from a freaking calendar, but still...) I came across this:

We would rather be ruined than changed,
We would rather die in our dread
Than climb the cross of the moment
And let our illusions die.
--W.H. Auden

Wow. My first thought was that, yes, we all have illusions we would rather cling to than face certain realities. I guess that's just one of the blessings/curses of having these damn big brains.

My second thought, because i have slowly been easing my way back into political reading/watching despite the toxicity of it all, was: Hello, Republicans! Here's a good example from kos. Their site won't let me copy and paste the weekly approval rating poll they have there, but Obama's approval rating is 71% favorable, 25 unfavorable. Congressional Republicans: 17% favorable, 68% unfavorable.

Keep up the good work, guys! We can't wait to see a Palin/Jindal ticket for 2012!

No comments: