Monday, September 12, 2011

condensed

This is a new favorite site for me.

Book-a-Minute reduces all kinds of books from classics to sci-fi to modern 'literature' like 'Twilight' to a few lines at most in a hilarious way. Por ejemplo: (click to embiggen)

But wait! There's more:



I like also that they manage to make fun of the authors as well as the authors' fans at the same time. Here's a couple of examples:



And here's one of my favorite books and one of my favorite authors, Phillip K. Dick. I'm afraid they nailed this one, much the way The Onion nails newspaper writing, they are obviously fans of said authors and books, in that they understand them terribly well, like spouses understand one another.




And last but not least, as I am rehearsing The Joad Play, we have us some Grapes of Wrath.

Ouch. :D

No comments: