Monday, September 12, 2011

i love this country, but...

...I hate my countrymen.

To wit, this 290 pound gentleman who is suing White Castle because he can't cram his fat ass into their booths. (via via)

No, seriously, this is happening:

A 290lb stockbroker is suing White Castle because he says he can't fit it any of their booths. He says the chain promised to make the booths bigger and even showed him schematics of the new designs, but never made the changes.

"They're stationary booths," he told The New York Post. "I'm not humongous, [but] I'm a big guy. I could not wedge myself in."
Not only that, he sustained injury trying to squeeze his humongous corpus into a booth!!

The man said he hit his knee on the metal post underneath the table when he tried to sit down.

Extra for cheese?!?!? What, is this IRAQ? You bastards!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

White Castle management pointed out that the gentleman was offered a regular chair.

The lawsuit seeks damages and larger chairs.

White Castle, for their part, made an effort to ameliorate the man's suffering--by arranging to help make him even fatter (although they did add insult to injury as you will see):

Each of the three times in the past he filed complaints, White Castle offered him a free hamburger. However, cheese was extra.

le sigh.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Huh. That's some self esteem for ya. I would die of embarrassment if that happened to me. And then perhaps use that as a catalyst to lose 90 pounds or so...